Please see guidance below on distance learning from Highland Council.
Guideline for Learners on Distance Learning
• Dedicate appropriate time to learning as guided by your teacher/s.
• Regularly check either Seesaw or Google classroom for information on classwork.
• Identify a comfortable and quiet space to study/learn.
• Try to complete all the learning activities posted by your teacher.
• Ensure you look after your own health and wellbeing. Don’t worry if you can’t do everything that your teacher has set. Pupils can contact their class teacher/Guidance teacher through email or Seesaw.
Guidelines for Parents on Distance Learning
• Parents know their own child best and individual circumstances will dictate the pace and type of learning which is appropriate
• Support their child/ren in their learning by:
o Providing an environment to support learning (access to technology if possible, safe and quiet space during daytime).
o Engaging your children in conversations on posted work.
o Monitoring time spent engaging in online and offline learning.
o Support health and wellbeing by providing plenty of time for physical activity, conversation and play.
o Parents can contact the school if they have any queries around virtual learning.